From the office of Dr. Jeffrey Epstein and Dr. Anthony Bared, MD, FACS
Assuring We Are Covid-Protected
(please visit https://www.drjeffreyepstein.com/safe/ to learn more)
To our patients,
We have diligently implemented protocols and procedures to ensure that we are Covid19-Protected. Our relationship with you is important to us and your continued trust in our team to care for you is valued. We want you to feel (and be) safe when you walk through our doors, and leave with the confidence thatyour safety and well-being is our top priority. In order to adjust to these uncertain times, both staff and patients are to adhere to the guidelines below. We are eager to get back to what we do best, and look forward to seeing you soon.
- Specific screening questionnaires will be done via phone 24-48 hours prior to your visit to our facility. Upon arrival, all patients will have temperature checks using infrared technology to avoid patient contact.
- All staff will undergo temperature checks each time they enter the facility. Staff have also been educated on proper donning and doffing of personal protective equipment. Lastly, rest, lunch and bathroom breaks are staggered to minimize contact periods when masks are off.
- Preoperatively, our office has secured rapid testing to test for Covid-19 IgM and IgG antibodies 1-2 days prior to your procedure. By agreeing to be tested, you are expected to self-isolate and follow best protective measure guidelines leading up to your procedure date. To ensure this, we require self-screening of your temperature daily for three days prior to your procedure and to notify the office of any temperatures at or above 100.4 F or 38 C.
- We have decreased the number of surgical cases and consultations being done daily for the safety and security of our patients and staff.
- We will not be accepting walk-ins, and have implemented a strict late policy of 15 minutes to limit congestion in the reception area. In fact, all patients as they enter the front door will be brought directly into a consult or procedure room. We have made it possible – and recommend- that you wait in your vehicle until your appointment time and you can receive a text when we are ready to see you.
- You will receive all paperwork electronically several days prior to your consultation or procedure date to limit the need for contact with office iPads. All paperwork can be done from the comfort of your home.
- We request that you wear a mask upon entering our office, and if you need one it will be provided. All staff will be wearing appropriate protective equipment- of course do not expect any handshakes or hugs at this time.
- We kindly ask that you minimize the number of companions in the clinic. Family and friends will be asked to wait outside the office and will be updated on patient status throughout the day. If the patient is a minor or requires assistance, one person may accompany the patient and if in surgery to wait in the office in a designated waiting area.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed at the entry and throughout the office. All garbage bins are touch-free to limit surface contact.
- We have further heightened our routine protocols of cleansing and disinfecting all areas of the office: operating rooms, consultation rooms, patient care areas, waiting rooms and physician offices.
- Full inventory of state-of-the-art PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) ensures availability for the safety of both our staff and our patients.
- All office equipment that comes into contact with patients or staff including iPad, pens, clipboards, doorknobs, light switches, and cabinet handles will be cleaned every 3-4 hours with EPA-approved products. Low contact surfaces such as mirrors, vanities and walls will be cleaned daily.
- Management of patient linens (patient sheets, towels, etc.) and lunches, and handling of medical waste will be monitored strictly by office Nurse Practitioners to avoid contamination.
- Following CDC recommendations, any staff member or patient who is feeling ill will be sent home immediately for testing and appropriate medical care.
- Finally, Nurse Practitioner Andrea Miranda is our designated sterility supervisor, to make sure that all protocols are maintained to the highest standards and are updated as new information and technologies become available.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please call our office at 305-666-1774, or email [email protected]