A guide the treatment of hair loss
The Foundation for hair restoration now offers the newest most advanced development in the medical treatment of hair loss: TrichoTest™.
TrichoTest™ is a genetic test performed on a patient’s own DNA that analyzes 13 genes and 48 genetic variations related to alopecia, whether due to male/female pattern androgenic hair loss, alopecia areata, telogen effluvium, or certain forms of scarring alopecia.
Personalized Medicine for Alopecia
The result: a full report that can be used to help guide recommendations on personalized formulations and medications.
These treatments, which can include compounded topical solutions, oral supplements, medications, and hair care products, can then be used with greater confidence that they will be effective.
Painless swab test
In Office or at Home
The test is a painless swab from the inside of the cheek that can be performed in the office or at home with virtual guidance.
Through special arrangements by our office, results from the GX Sciences lab in the US are received within 4 weeks, helping to then guide the prescribing of customized therapies.
To learn more, please call
The Trichotest formula
The best products for your scalp
After analyzing your DNA and lifestyle, we create your profile. The compilation considers all your strengths and weaknesses and how you are affected by your alopecia and to what degree. As a result of the information available, we have selected exclusive compounds that will help you combat alopecia. The following color scale shows what we most recommend (the intensity of the green indicating from more to less recommended) and those compounds we do not recommend (from white to red, indicating less recommended).
Tricotest test example
TrichoTest™ creates results for each patient; providing guidance personalized formulations for alopecia treatment. This removes the typical guess-work of determining the best therapy, eliminates the need for prescribing several try-out therapies reducing the possibility of side-effects, cuts the time needed to find the most suitable treatment for each patient, and most importantly assures the best outcomes.
TrichoTest™ provides a full report with explanation of your genetic characteristics and their relationship to your alopecia treatment.
The quantity of DNA required for the analysis is obtained with an oral swab. The procedure to obtain the sample is painless, takes around 15 minutes, and can be carried out at home or in our Miami office. The sample is then stored properly and shipped overseas where it will be analyzed. A full report will be sent to us in 4 weeks.
Working with our preferred pharmacy, we prescribe compounded topical formulations that potentially have the same efficacy as oral medications with a lower incidence of side effects, as well as any other therapies recommended by the test results.
Why choose Dr. Epstein
- Been specializing in facial hair restoration procedures for over 14 years
- Continuously listed for years in Castle Connelly’s Top Doctor Guide, an unbiased rating of doctors in many different specialties.
- Holds board certifications in the fields of hair restoration, facial plastic surgery, and otolaryngology (head and neck surgery), is a Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration, and is a fellow of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Voluntary Assistant Professor at the University of Miami in both the Department of Otolaryngology and the Philip Frost Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Surgery
- Past President of the Florida Society of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Provides pro bono reconstructive surgery to children, veterans, and other people in need.