Hair Transplant Specialist
Delray/Fort Lauderdale, Florida:
Dr. Crane is a board-certified plastic surgeon and member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). He has traveled the world in search of the best education and training. This included, after eight years of surgical training, he was awarded a highly competitive aesthetic fellowship in California. Now as part of the Foundation for Hair Restoration/Inspire Aesthetics, he has been mentored by Dr. Epstein to master the most advanced techniques in both hair restoration and hairline advancement surgery. He has seen firsthand the power of these life altering procedures and is excited to share his skills with his patients.
Areas Of Expertise
Dr. Crane was one of only 30 plastic surgery residents throughout the entire country selected to participate in advanced aesthetic fellowship training endorsed by The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the world’s leading organization devoted entirely to aesthetic plastic surgery and cosmetic medicine of the face and body. His unique training has provided him with a tremendous amount of experience in helping you select the right procedure to achieve your goals.
Education and Training
Dr. Crane has traveled the world in search of the best education and training. He completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan. During this time, he spent his summers in a research lab at MIT focused on using nanotechnology to treat cancer. Dr. Crane received his medical degree from Tel Aviv University, an internationally recognized leader in medicine and technology. He began his surgical career at the University of Buffalo, one of the country’s largest and oldest surgical residency programs. It was there that he developed an interest in plastic surgery while participating in microvascular surgery to reconstruct large defects caused by tumors of the head and neck. After completing Buffalo’s five-year general surgery residency, he continued his training at the Medical University of South Carolina where he completed a three-year plastic surgery residency. There, he was mentored by a number of plastic surgeons who specialize in aesthetic plastic surgery. As Dr. Crane says, “It was these surgeons who taught me the power of plastic surgery and the positive impact it can have on a patient’s life.” Despite eight years of surgical training, Dr. Crane wanted to ensure his patients would receive the best results possible and therefore elected to pursue a highly competitive aesthetic fellowship, training under one of California’s busiest plastic surgeons with over 20 years of experience.
Awards & Recognition
MUSC Silver Scalpel Research Award (2020) – Charleston, South Carolina
ASPS Resident Abstract Session Best Presentation Award (2018) – Chicago, Illinois
Worthington B. Schenk Resident Teacher of the Year Award (2016) – University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Crane DP, Inglesby D, Lauzon S, Carrol EA, Herrera F. Communication: The effects of obesity on plastic and reconstructive surgical outcomes. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2020; 73(4):783-808.
- Li D, Gromov K, Proulx ST, Xie C, Li J, Crane DP, Søballe K, O’Keefe RJ, Awad HA, Xing L, Schwarz EM. Effects of antiresorptive agents on osteomyelitis: novel insights into the pathogenesis of osteonecrosis of the jaw. Ann NY Acad Sci. 2010; 1192:84-94.
- Crane DP, Gromov K, Li D, Søballe K, Wahnes C, Büchner H, Hilton MJ, O’Keefe RJ, Murray CK, Schwarz EM. Efficacy of colistin-impregnated beads to prevent multidrug-resistant A. baumannii implant-associated osteomyelitis. J Orthop Res. 2009; 27(8):1008-15.
- Crane D, Yoder SR, Wexler O, Mackin M, Mieszczanska H, Schwartz RG. Value of stress induced chest pain in the diagnosis of clinically significant myocardial ischemia by SPECT myocardial perfusion scintigraphy. J Nucl Cardiology. 2007; 14(2):S18.
- Crane, DP. “Venous thromboembolism incidence and risk factors associated with microvascular reconstructive surgery. A NSQIP analysis.” Presented at Plastic Surgery- The Meeting. September 29, 2018. Chicago, IL.
- Crane, DP “The effects of obesity on plastic and reconstructive surgical outcomes, a nationwide study of the NSQIP database.” Presented at 2019 SESPRS Annual Scientific Meeting. June 9-10, 2019. Naples, FL
- Crane, DP “Robotic harvest of the rectus abdominis muscle for perineal and vaginal reconstruction.” Presented at MUSC Surgery Research Day. September 28, 2018. Charleston, SC.